ISC TCP & Twisted-Pair Ethernet

Neal Pollack nealpo at ism.isc.com
Fri Mar 15 14:07:19 AEST 1991

In article <1991Mar14.012111.15703 at unixg.ubc.ca> stlouis at unixg.ubc.ca (Phill St. Louis) writes:
>Has anyone had problem getting Interactive Unix 2.2 TCP/IP to work with
>twisted pair ethernet.  We are using 3COMM 3C503 ethernet boards with
>built-in tranceivers.  Our ethernet hub is SynOptics 10BASE-T.  These
>3COMM boards work perfectly with PC-NFS.  The ethernet works perfectly
>with our Sun Sparcstations, GatorBox and PC-NFS, but Interactive TCP/IP
>will not allow us to PING, or TELNET or RLOGIN or whatever.
>
>P. St. Louis

ISC uses twisted pair ethernet internally at two corporate sites.  We use
our OS version 2.2, some 2.02, HBTCP 1.2, wd-8003 cards with outside
10Base-T tranceivers for the most part, David Systems 10Base-T hubs.
Works great.

Double check that the boards used are supported by our driver, (I think
3C503 is, but not sure), and contact support to see if there are any
special notes about your hardware and setup.

Sincerely,

Neal Pollack
Operations