SCO MMDF receive mail problem

Dan Neff neff at bellahs.UUCP
Thu Mar 14 11:41:35 AEST 1991

Please repond to this article in the newsgroup you read it from. Our email
is bouncing and the only way to get your responses is off of usenet.

All inbound mail to our system is bouncing, and we are getting the following
error messages in the /usr/mmdf/log/... files.

chan.log
--------
 3/13 17:11:37 rmail 1625:  Initialization failure 'only root, mmdf and daemons may name source host'

msg.log
-------
 3/14  1:11:37 submit1626:  xin only root, mmdf and daemons may name source host

The mail message is then returned back to the sending system. What does
this mean. I am currently polling our newsfeed site (uunet) with a crontab
entry under uucp. Is this telling me that I must run this under root or
mmdf? Sending mail out to other machines is no problem.

=  Dan Neff                     Bell Atlantic Healthcare Systems          =
=  Phone: (415) 925-0121        Greenbrae, CA.                            =
=  E-mail: uunet!bellahs!neff   uunet!neff at bellahs.UUCP                   =