MMDF machine to machine mappings?

Tom Markson thomasm at ingres.com
Tue Mar 19 13:47:48 AEST 1991

Can machine to machine mappings be done under mmdf in Open Desktop?  For
instance, I receive mail from person at company.com.  Now, if I try to
send mail to them, I get huge amounts of bounced messages.  If I send
it to person at machine.company.com, it gets through.  Now I know that their
mailer is screwed up, but I've got to fix it on my end.

Another case in which I have problems is this:
         uucp
Machine A -> Machine B
                  \   <-------uucp
		   My Machine

I receive mail this way, but want to reply directly to machine A without
going through machine B.  The From: Address I get is machineA!person at machineB.
I need to reduce this to machineA!person.  I have a uucp line to machine A,
but cannot seem to get any of the alias files to cope with this.

Any help with this would be MUCH MUCH appreciated.  Constantly rewriting
reply addresses is driving me completely mental...
--
Tom Markson					Unix Systems
email: thomasm at ingres.com