Mach from mt Xinu

Sean Eric Fagan sef at kithrup.COM
Tue Mar 12 08:52:05 AEST 1991

In article <1991Mar9.192526.2572 at rwwa.COM> witr at rwwa.COM (Robert W. Withrow) writes:
>handle problems and questions without
>requiring support contracts.

A lot of the questions support people at SCO get, I gather, are hand-holding
type of things.  Things like "How do I remove a file beginning with a '-'?"
"How do I do <such and such>?"  most of which are available either in the
manual, the release notes, or by some thinking.  Guess what:  having people
answer the phones costs *lots* of money, especially when the questions are
stupid.  That is one of the main reasons vendors charge money for support;
the charges do *not* cover the times when the questions do require some
serious insight and research into the product.

But, hey, it seems as if a lot of people reading this group want something
free, so I'll probably get flamed (again).

sef at kithrup.COM  |  I had a bellyache at the time."