Dual ethernet support (ISC 2.2)

Heiko Blume src at scuzzy.in-berlin.de
Fri Mar 22 00:32:14 AEST 1991

karl at ddsw1.MCS.COM (Karl Denninger) writes:

>In article <352 at audfax.audiofax.com> deb at audfax.audiofax.com (Deb Jackson) writes:
>>Has anyone ever run dual ethernets under ISC2.2?

>You can't use two 3c503 cards; I NEVER did get that to work.

be careful. just because you didn't get that to work that doesn't mean that
it's impossible!

there is a 17 page paper called "setting up a gateway on a 386/ix
system with hdb tcp" by Kevin Haley and John Antypas. on page
three (ff) it goes into detail about installing a second ethernet
board of the *same* type. i won't type in those four pages now,
you should be able to get this doc from ISC. the original
poster should get it also, it tells you everything you need to
setup a gateway.
--
      Heiko Blume <-+-> src at scuzzy.in-berlin.de <-+-> (+49 30) 691 88 93
                  public UNIX source archive [HST V.42bis]: