Using X-terminals with PC-UNIX. Any comments?

E.J. Leoni-Smith leo at unipalm.uucp
Tue Mar 5 09:44:43 AEST 1991

We've done a bit: It works OK. Most of the SYS V unixes weve tried
(SCO Interactive INTEL V.4) have been a bit flaky on the X side:
Clients tend to be stronger than servers. I would think that
youre project is reasonable. My prejudice says try the INTEL V.4
(now Interactive V.4) as best starting point. And best of luck.
Nearly all PC Xservers we have tried work: some break with certain
xlib commands. Xceed Xview/16 are both good: alo visionware Xvision and X11/AT
if you want Windows compatibility.