Esix verses the rest of 386-unix

Bob Willcox bob at rancor.UUCP
Sun Mar 10 15:54:43 AEST 1991

In article <9044 at sail.LABS.TEK.COM> keithe at sail.LABS.TEK.COM (Keith Ericson) writes:
>I concurr with Lary's note - ESIX Rev. D disk/file-system speed is greatly
>improved over earlier versions, but this statement essentailly amounts to
>"condemnation with faint praise."  ISC (mine is 2.0.2) is noticably faster.

Okay, I'll accept that.  However, just to appease my curiosity and to
give me a point of reference, can you tell me what the performance of
the ISC filesystem is?  Simple sequential read of a large file would be
fine.  For comparison, my ESIX runs at appx. 440KB/sec in this kind of
test.  This is with an Ultrastor Ultra 12(F) ESDI controller and
Maxstor 4380E drives.

--
Bob Willcox             ...!{rutgers|ames}!cs.utexas.edu!romp!rancor!bob
Phone: 512 258-4224