VP/ix - Need some basic help. Waiting for manuals

Seng-Poh Lee, Speedy lee at gdc.portal.com
Sat Mar 16 05:02:26 AEST 1991

Hi,

I have several basic VP/ix questions. We have 2 copies that we just installed.
Somebody ran off with the manuals. We DO own them, REALLY! They are NOT
bootleged. However until we can arrange for new manuals, we need some help
in setting them up. Perhaps some kind soul will help. These are SCO Xenix
VP/ix V1.1;

1) How do you mount your DOS partition? Is this even possible or do you
   have to install all your DOS programs on your Xenix partition?

2) V1.1 comes with DOS 3.2. How do you upgrade to DOS 3.3? Is this possible?

3) We seem to be having trouble using the floppy. We define a 1.2M for A:.
   We cannot read DOS floppies (Error reading floppy), but if we format
   under VP/ix, we can read and write to it. But if we then write to it
   from DOS, we cannot access it from VP/ix anymore. Any ideas?

Please reply by e-mail so as not to bore other members of the net. Any help
would be greatly appreciated.

Seng-Poh Lee			lee at gdc.portal.com