ESIX and (selectable) pipelining motherboards

Derek E. Terveer det at hawkmoon.MN.ORG
Sun Mar 31 11:47:50 AEST 1991

Since we have just seen some questions about Esix and Caching motherboards, I
would like to know if anyone has had any difficulties with Esix and
motherboards that have a selectable pipelining mode.  My motherboard has a
jumper for pipelining (which i have connected to the "turbo" switch on the
case) and Esix will *not* boot without pipelining enabled (i.e. if pipelining
is disabled).  Yes, that is right.
It may be that the documentation for the motherboard is incorrect; in fact,
based on experience, it probably *is* incorrect.  So maybe its reversed and
esix won't boot if pipelining is enabled.  Hard to say.  Hard for me to test.
The only way that i can tell that pipelining is even doing something is because
the memory test (at hard reset time) is *much*, much slower than with the
pipelining switch in the other position.
Esix TS had never heard of this problem before.
--
Derek "Tigger" Terveer	det at hawkmoon.MN.ORG -- U of MN Women's Lax
I am the way and the truth and the light, I know all the answers; don't need