CD ROM Blues

Jeff Stoner jls2 at spdcc.COM
Thu Nov 8 06:58:44 AEST 1990

I have received an RRD40 CD ROM drive on loan and want to set it up to use
with an Ultrix 4.0 VAXstation 3100 or DECstation 3100 system (I have
both). It unfortunately arrived without documentation...

1)	What device name do I need to create for it? What exact command
	does that?

2)	What exact mount command do I use to put it on the system?
	Someone I'm working with just received the same drive the same
	way and cannot successfully mount the CD ROM.

3)	Does the Ultrix driver read ISO 9660 standard disks? I have several
	star catalogues in that "standard" format, but understand that,
	at least under VMS (quit that hissing and booing!), a special package
	is required to read ISO 9660 CD disks with this drive.

Thanks for any help you can offer!

--
====== Jeff L. Stoner === Boulder, Colo. ============ /\ = /\ ========== |
   Work: jls2 @ ellery.esi.com                   /\  /  \ /  /\  /\    --*--