UNIX continues! - (nf)

berry at fortune.UUCP berry at fortune.UUCP
Thu Jul 7 09:07:00 AEST 1983

#R:floyd:-171200:fortune:11600024:000:421
fortune!berry    Jul  6 12:41:00 1983

	Re: Continuing Vaxen

	Our 11/70 running 2.x BSD used to get hung up occasionally and
we could get it back by burping the machine(halting and continuing).
Evidently interrupts getting caught in tight loops can be broken this
way.  We never found out exactly what it was and tried to bring the
system down nicely as soon as possible.  After all, I would consider a
partial sync to be better than no sync at all, maybe...