Need info on 160 Mb Winnies

noel at cubsvax.UUCP noel at cubsvax.UUCP
Wed Feb 1 07:29:36 AEST 1984

Has anyone used either a 168Mbyte Fuji drive (model 2284)
or a 160 Mbyte CDC drive (model 9715) with or without an
Emulex SC21V unibus controller?  We want to buy a medium
sized Winnie and are looking for experience with reliability.
I gather that the Fuji is shipping in limited quantities,
and has a somewhat higher MTBF.  The CDC supposedly is more
readily available and more companies will service it.  Then
of course there's the "buy American" argument.  Prices are
approximately $5500-$6K each (discounted).  Any suggestions?
Any others we should be looking at?
--
-- Noel Kropf	{philabs,cmcl2!rocky2}!cubsvax!noel.UUCP	212-280-5517
-- 1002 Fairchild; Columbia University; New York NY 10027