Unix Bugs vs. VMS bugs

Stanley Friesen friesen at psivax.UUCP
Tue Nov 27 11:18:44 AEST 1984

In article <4659 at utzoo.UUCP> henry at utzoo.UUCP (Henry Spencer) writes:

>Sounds like somebody -- either you or someone like Berkeley -- has been
>doing too much meddling with your UNIX.  Else why would it be down so much?
>We run real UNIX (i.e., V7), and the number of times we've crashed in the
>last year can be counted on one's fingers.  And most of the times we *do*
>crash, it's because of hardware hiccups.
>--
>				Henry Spencer @ U of Toronto Zoology
>				{allegra,ihnp4,linus,decvax}!utzoo!henry

	I must agree in principle -- only it wasn't Berkeley, we are
running BSD 4.1 and have only had *one* crash that was *not* due to
hardware in over a year, and that was when someone tried to nroff
the entire on-line manual to the line printer at one time!!
	Our last down time was Preventative Maintenance and installation
of new hardware, almost a week ago.