subject

cottrell at nbs-vms.ARPA cottrell at nbs-vms.ARPA
Tue Mar 5 09:48:36 AEST 1985

/*
> P.S. I've asked about this before, without any response:  Does anyone have
> a simple (repeat simple) file-transfer method across RS-232 lines?  The
> ideal would be a pair of programs, a writer and a reader, which have the
> property that the reader can easily be typed in to the target system and
> then a few files (including the source for the writer) can be transferred
> across the line in a highly-reliable manner.

I have been using two `tee' processes to xfer files between V6 & 4.2BSD.
Logon to the destination machine, pick a non-login port & stty it to
the proper baud rate, raw, tabs, no echo, & tandem if you have it.
Connect a cross-cable (null modem) from this port to the source
machine. Type `tee file < /dev/ttyxx & tee > /dev/ttyxx'. You are now
running a poor man's `cu'. Sounds gross, but it works (only on ascii
files). You might want to write a program that cuts up the output of
something like `more *.c'. Good luck!

	jim		cottrell at nbs
*/