UUCP guru needed!

Frederick M. Avolio avolio at decuac.DEC.COM
Tue Dec 23 11:50:12 AEST 1986

In article <1269 at ncc.UUCP>, lyndon at ncc.UUCP (Lyndon Nerenberg) writes:
> This problem seems to be generic to Ultrix UUCP. I have a h*** of a time
> passing traffic to systems running it. We run CTIX (Sys_V), and I've also
> tried it from V7 without much luck. It does seem to talk to 4.2 quite
> nicely.

While I do not claim that Ultrix's UUCP is bug free (though it *might*
be :-)) we push lots of data via uucp to all sorts of systems: System
V on AT&T and Convergent hardware; UTX on Gould hardware; 4.1C,
4.2BSD, 4.3BSD on VAXes; 2.9BSD on PDP11/44; System V on VAXes
(what'll they think of next :-)).  We do not have the problems you
hint at (I'd say "describe" but you didn't...)  I sent my numer to the
original poster.  If anything interesing comes of it, I will post.
(If anything embarassing comes of it, I'll let *him* post it :-).)

Fred.