DBX bug in Ultrix 1.2

sefunix at NWC-143B.arpa sefunix at NWC-143B.arpa
Wed Jul 23 12:03:57 AEST 1986

We recently received Ultrix-32m (Release 1.2) for our MicroVAX II and
began writing some code in C. In doing so, a problem appeared when
initializing a static structure. The program printed out the values
correctly, but when dbx was invoked to examine the structure, it
printed out something entirely different. The following is a test
program and dbx output. Is this a known problem with Ultrix 1.2 that
we happened to miss on the net, since we have not been on that long?

PROGRAM:

	struct symtab {
		char *name;
	};