UUCP Job Grading

uusgta at sw1e.UUCP uusgta at sw1e.UUCP
Wed Feb 25 09:45:51 AEST 1987

In article <192 at forbrk.UUCP>, mats at forbrk.UUCP writes:
>  I may not want to dump all of the news that has batched
> up at that same time - I may need to leave my phone line free for
> other high-priority requests, and defer the news transfer until
> some off-hours time when the phone line isn't needed for high-priority

Why not implement a separate spooling mechanism that only dumps into UUCP
during off-hours.  Something similar to the at q's, perhaps combined with
changes to uucico (to get low priority stuff if no high priority stuff is
queued) seems quick & dirty.  I see the high kludge quotient but what else
is wrong with this?

--
#			---Tom Adams---
# {bellcore,ihnp4}!sw1e!uusgta	St. Louis MO	314-235-4237