How do you manage multiple /etc/passwd files?

thomas at spline.UUCP thomas at spline.UUCP
Fri Feb 13 04:15:02 AEST 1987

The claim is that users should, for security reasons, have a different
password on each of the machines they have access to.  In a
distributed environment, this can become pretty hard.  If you can tell
me how to remember approximately 25 to 30 different passwords (one for
each different machine in our facility), I might consider it.

=Spencer   ({ihnp4,decvax}!utah-cs!thomas, thomas at utah-cs.ARPA)