Why Partition a Hard Disk

Daniel R. Levy levy at ttrdc.UUCP
Tue Sep 6 06:42:23 AEST 1988

In article <8435 at smoke.ARPA>, gwyn at smoke.ARPA (Doug Gwyn ) writes:
< In article <2916 at ttrdc.UUCP> levy at ttrdc.UUCP (Daniel R. Levy) writes:
< >I see another problem.  Presumably, the change over to a long inode was
< >accompanied by a change from a V7-type file sytem to a different file system
< >where directory entries support the long inodes (whether this be BSD 4.3 or
< >some new kluge).
<
< Not necessarily; that's a separate issue.  Guy noted that remote
< filesystems could use inumbers > 2^16 even if the local filesystems
< didn't.  As to directory scanning breaking, it would have to have
< broken on the remote directories anyway.  I would hope that by now
                                                              ^^ ^^^ Dream on
< everyone has acquired the POSIX-style directory access library and
< is using it.

Why don't you post source for "the" POSIX-stype directory access library then?
it?  No I don't have ARPA access to anonymously ftp it nor do lots of other
USENET-only folks.
--
|------------Dan Levy------------|  THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED HEREIN ARE MINE ONLY
| Bell Labs Area 61 (R.I.P., TTY)|  AND ARE NOT TO BE IMPUTED TO AT&T.
|        Skokie, Illinois        |
|-----Path:  att!ttbcad!levy-----|