What should GNU run on (was Re: wha

Anthony A. Datri datri at concave.uucp
Tue Aug 22 20:50:59 AEST 1989

>I don't understand how the example relates to the gripe. There is a
>healthy third-party market for things like cartridge tape drives for
>Suns and they'd love to quote you prices if you just called them.

Certainly, and you can often beat even their prices by buying the
parts and building your own.

>>If you buy them one at a time, Sun really does not want your business.

I would certainly have said this in the past, but the 3/80 (and maybe
the SPARCstation, I haven't seen one) makes me wonder.  You can stick
a floppy and two hard drives inside, and it comes with a parallel printer
port.  That looks suspiciously like a machine that would fit into a
smaller environment decently.  Oh yeah -- one of the serial ports is
9 pin, like the IBM AT.