Should I switch to VMS for software development?

Bruce A. Kern bak at csd-v.UUCP
Wed Jan 11 12:40:31 AEST 1989

For software development and testing UNIX has the advantage of cheap
process creation.  Besides being able to do 3 things at once (most
VMS systems I've worked on limit the number of concurrent sub-processes
to 2), the simulation of a programs environment via process which provide
input, suck-up output, and emulate interrupts is much more easily created
in UNIX than VMS in my experience.
--
Bruce A. Kern                                  1-203-270-0399
Computer Systems Design                        Voice: 730 - 1700 Mon. thru Fri.