X-WINDOWS

J. Eichelberger eichelbe at nadc.arpa
Tue Jan 24 08:11:25 AEST 1989

Dear UNIX and VAX Wizards:

I am interested in finding out more about X-WINDOWS and where some
documentation of X-WINDOWS resides (mainly, which systems have
information I can FTP over).  If any X-WINDOWS software packages exist
out there on the network, I'd be interested in knowing about them,
also.  I know MIT had a lot to do with X-WINDOWS.

I've been asked to find out about X-WINDOW systems, but it seems that
just about every computer magazine I pick up talks about them as if
everyone knows what they really are and what they can do.  I could use
some enlightenment.  I'd like to know more.

The systems we use are IBM-compatible PC's (MS-DOS), VAX computers
under 4.3BSD UNIX and under VMS, and CDC Cyber computers.  I'd be
interested in knowing over what range of computers X-WINDOWS software
exists.

Thank you.

	Jon Eichelberger
	eichelbe at nadc.arpa