sync, and att support

Lyndon Nerenberg lyndon at cs.AthabascaU.CA
Mon Jun 26 10:56:49 AEST 1989

In article <914 at nebulus.UUCP> root at nebulus.UUCP (Dennis S. Breckenridge) writes:

> My question really is how else would you do it effectively. I read many
>complaints about how Eh-TNT did this but what I do not read is a
>proactive solution to the problem. Buy the source and fix it, send the
>diffs to Eh-TNT and see if you can add your name the list of thousands
>that worked on it.

Ya, right. Just like you guys are going to take my patches to /bin/mail
to support networking and add it to the next release ...

[ What do you think Dennis - if I send in the diffs to take the ulimit
braindamage out of the kernel will it get included in "the next release?" ]

> I believe that a company the size of AT&T that releases its product
>in source format for a small sub-license fee is doing the right thing.

I'm impressed. For only $65K I can buy the ability to fix your
mistakes!
--
Lyndon Nerenberg  VE6BBM / Computing Services / Athabasca University
    {alberta,decwrl,ncc}!atha!lyndon || lyndon at cs.AthabascaU.CA