Communications Software

Mason sccm at tcistl2.UUCP
Wed Jun 28 01:16:29 AEST 1989

I am in a situation totally beyond my control that requires performing
file transfers from a Cromemco System 100 running "6800 Cromix
Operating System Version 20.65" to a Cromemco System 400 running
UniPlus+ System V Unix from UniSoft Systems.

I currently must do a "cu" from the 400 to the 100 utilizing a tee
to a capture file, and then perform the Cromix command "ty" to
type the file on the 100, thus capturing the file on the 400.

As one might expect, this is a time-consuming and bothersome process,
especially since it is necessary to then edit out all unwanted lines
from the file captured via the "tee".  The Cromix operating system
has no apparent communications utilities, other than a third-party
creature for which there is no documentation of any kind that allows
me to log-on via hayes smartmodems (at 1200 bps).

The question is: "Does anyone know of a half-smart communications
and/or file transfer program(s) that would function on/be compatable
with BOTH systems ?"

Any suggestions or comments via email would be most appreciated...

Regards,

Stephen Comfort-Mason
uunet!tcistl2!sccm