Do I really need to BREAK to change baud rates?

neal at mnopltd.UUCP neal at mnopltd.UUCP
Wed Dec 19 15:37:02 AEST 1990

->Is there a way to convince the tty2A driver to automagically change baud
->rates on Xenix 2.3.2?  My boss just found out that you have to send a break,
->and he's not happy about it.  Is there some configuration option I haven't
->found, or is there an alternative tty driver?

Sheesh, yer boss better develop some flexibility.  He's gonna have a cow when
he has to deal with awk....

What baud rates are you rolling between?   If I remember the origin of the
break code, at certain speeds (like 9600+) a character transmitted is not
visible to a receiver at certain other speeds. (like 1200)  Basic math.

If we are talking modems, then why change baud rates?  Spend the $50 and get
him a 2400 baud.   If you are using a higher speed modem, lock the interface.

Enough speculation.  'Splain yourself.