GNU Make

Ben Taylor bent at lccinc.UUCP
Fri Dec 21 05:14:33 AEST 1990

itkin at mrspoc.Transact.COM (Steven M. List) writes:

>Has anyone successfully built the GNU Make on SCO XENIX V/386 2.3.x?
>I can compile and load it (cc or gcc), but it core dumps when I try to
>run it.  I can't afford a lot of time mucking with it, so thought I'd
>see if anyone's been more successful than I have! %^}

>Steven

I have successfully built make-3.59 with the following mods to the makefile.

-------CUT HERE------

CC = gcc -ansi

DEFINES = -DUSG -DUSGr3

LOAD_AVG = -DNO_LDAV

LOAD_LIBES = -ldir

uncommented the ALLOCA and ALLOCASRC defines and setup the man page dir.

It does not core dump and was built with gcc v 1.37.1 for SCO XENIX 2.3.3
with the include files made by the script from robobar.

I haven't had time to beat on it to make sure everything works, but it
does work.

Ben Taylor
Systems Administrator
LCC Incorporated