Need a working sendmail.

Jan S{ll jan at unikla.ASK.SE
Fri Dec 21 19:07:04 AEST 1990

In article <JTSILLAS.90Dec19180627 at bubba.ma30.bull.com> jtsillas at bubba.ma30.bull.com (James Tsillas) writes:

>Currently sendmail on my SCO Unix box can only send but fails to receive
>mail. Has anyone ported a working sendmail? Please help on this, I need
>email to get any real use of a Unix system.
>
>thanks much, james.

I recently started to use sendmail on one of our customers machine. The problem
that i then discovered was the following:

The mkdev cf command generates a bad line in the sendmail.cf file. The line
is:
	Muucp,	P=/usr/bin/uux, F=DFMhuU, S=13, R=23, M=100000,
		A=uux - -r -z -a\$f -gC \$h!rmail (\$u)

the -z flag tells uux that return success notification to the user and the
-a\$f flag sets the user that will receive the notification. Change this 2
lines to:
	Muucp,	P=/usr/bin/uux, F=DFMhuU, S=13, R=23, M=100000,
		A=uux - -r -gC $h!rmail ($u)

Don`t forget to freeze the configuration after the changes.

The other problem is that the rmail program that follow with the TCP/IP sendmail
package is broken. I haven't got it working so I used smail2.5 sources (from
comp.sources.unix - a long time ago) and replaced /bin/rmail with it. Then
everything works ok.

Hope that this helps.