Problem setting up UUCP

Hi Ho Silver silver at xrtll.uucp
Fri Dec 28 09:41:29 AEST 1990

In article <1990Dec26.210351.7583 at robobar.co.uk> ronald at robobar.co.uk (Ronald S H Khoo) writes:
$silver at xrtll.uucp (Hi Ho Silver) writes:
$> But sooner or later (usually sooner), my machine
$> will fail to send an acknowledgement.  The other end will try every few
$> seconds; nothing will happen.
$This may be character overrun on the serial port.  If you're using the

   I've had that suggested, but I'm only running at 2400 bps.

$standard COM[12] serial ports at high speed (19200 or over, or even 9600

   Note that SCO doesn't officially support rates greater than 9600 bps;
they're there for you to try out, but not guaranteed to work.

   One funny thing I just noticed last night:  if I start up uucico without
any work to send, it generally won't work.  If, on the other hand, I send
something, it seems to receive OK.  I'm going to play around with this for
a while and see if that holds up and, if so, see if I can find any difference
between what it does when there's work and what it does when there isn't.
The site I'm fed from also runs Xenix 2.3.2; I may try getting a feed from
another site (a Sun 2) to see if it's perhaps a bug in the Xenix uucico.
--
 __            __  _  | ...!nexus.yorku.edu!xrtll!silver |  always