xenix 386 (2.3.2) crashing... help please

mike at bria mike at bria
Thu Feb 21 05:38:38 AEST 1991

In an article, aimed.UUCP!nick (Nick Pemberton) writes:
>The problem: The system just stops. The Disc light comes on, but there is
>no movement on the disk drive. One can hit the ALT-Fn, to switch between
>virtual screens, one can type and see the typing echoed, but as soon as
>it tries to execute anything (even a login), the process hangs.

It sounds like your disk controller may be going out to lunch on you.
A considerably more remote possiblity would be that you are experiencing
the effects of ``chip creep'' if your temperature variance is high.

Cheers,
--
Michael Stefanik, MGI Inc., Los Angeles| Opinions stated are not even my own.
Title of the week: Systems Engineer    | UUCP: ...!uunet!bria!mike