VP/ix - re: character sets on terminal

Shawn M. Rogers shawn at willow.MV.COM
Thu Mar 14 13:30:25 AEST 1991

Hello, I hope someone can enlighten me!

I'm running VP/ix with an EGA monitor.  Whenever I go into VP/ix,
the characters on the terminal change slightly -- it appears that
VP/ix uses it's own 'font', if you will, when displaying characters.

If I switch to another pseudo-tty, the characters are normal, i.e.
the 'font' that you would normally get on the monitor.

The problem is when I exit out of VP/ix.  All pseudo-tty's seem
to inherit this differen't 'font' (character set, whatever)...
They stay that way until I re-enter VP/ix, in which case all the
other pseudo-terminals get reset back to their defaults.

I have been dealing with this for the better part of a year.  While
the system works fine regardless of what character set is being used,
from an esthetic standpoint, I like the 'default' characters the terminal
has when you boot the system.

If anybody can tell me how to reset my terminal after exiting VP/ix,
I would be grateful.  Please email responses, unless you feel this is
a worthwhile topic answering for all to see.

Thanks in advance,

Shawn
--
Shawn M. Rogers                                         shawn at willow.MV.COM
176 East Street #205A    ..{decvax | harvard}!zinn!wgc386!slum!willow!shawn