SCO ODT TCP/IP Setup Problem

Michael P. Deignan mpd at anomaly.sbs.com
Wed May 29 12:33:21 AEST 1991

I've tried posting this question to the Opendesktop group, but didn't get a
reply, so I'll try something more generic.

My /etc/hosts file looks as follows:

127.0.0.1	localhost
192.76.250.1	anomaly anomaly.sbs.com sbs.com
128.120.253.1	idsvax idsvax.ids.com

Now, when I start a SL/IP connection between anomaly and idsvax, people on
anomaly can telnet fine to idsvax. However, anyone attempting to rlogin/telnet/
ftp to anomaly get an error message. Furthermore, anyone on anomaly who tries
to "rlogin localhost" or "rlogin anomaly" get the password prompt, but are
then given the same error message.

The error is "Bad login user id".

I've RTFM, but can't locate a reference to getting rid of this error. Of course,
I might have missed it at 3am.

MD
--
--  Michael P. Deignan                      /
--  Domain: mpd at anomaly.sbs.com            /  This space intentionally