# of characters in /dev/input

J. Paul Landolt landolt at yunccn
Sat Apr 9 08:20:50 AEST 1988

I have recently been doing some programming in MSC on Xenix (I am a
fugitive from MS-DOS, so bear with me)

I am looking for a method of determining how many characters, if any, are
waiting to be read from /dev/input.  in MS-DOS, reading from the console
can be done, but I'm not too sure how it's done in Xenix.

Several people have suggested ideas.  One said use a signal trap. Another
said try using ftell(/dev/input). And another suggested using ioctl()

I would really appreaciate it if someone could tell me, cut and dry, how
my task could be accomplished.

--
J. Paul Landolt
world: ...uunet!ontmoh!yunccn!landolt