new groups for iX86 unix (was: Bell Tech 386 SysVr3)

Dominick Samperi samperi at marob.MASA.COM
Sat Aug 20 15:52:18 AEST 1988

In article <177 at dcs.UUCP> you write:
>That's right. And if we were to create all these groups, the folks who want
>to flame and get maximum exposure for their flames (which is why they
>cross-post in the first place) would just cross-post to six groups
>instead of two. The signal-to-noise ratio cannot be lowered without the
>cooperation of those who chose to make noise, new groups won't do it.

Most of the recent flames in this newsgroup were from people who
desparately want to see the software that they paid for work correctly,
or from people who want a reasonable amount of technical suppport in
return for the support contract that they paid for. If these flames
help to provide some incentive for the companies in question to deliver,
then they have served a useful purpose, and are not noise.
--
Dominick Samperi, NYC
    samperi at acf8.NYU.EDU	samperi at marob.MASA.COM