tape backups

Earl H. Kinmonth ked at garnet.berkeley.edu
Mon Aug 15 09:36:16 AEST 1988

I run SCO Xenix 286 on an ATT 6310 with a 68 meg disk drive, two-thirds
for Xenix, one-third for MSDOS. Generally, I produce 1.5-2.5 meg of
changes per day, just enough to be inconvenient for 1.2 or 720k
floppies. I am considering adding a tape drive and would appreciate
suggestions, comments, horror stories, whatever.

Please reply by mail to one of the addresses given in the signature
block. If quantity/quality of replies warrant, I will summarize and
post. Please consider both the cost/convenience of the drive and the
tapes.  Xenix backup is more important to me than MSDOS backup.

Thanks in advance.

E H. Kinmonth Hist. Dept.  Univ. of Ca., Davis Davis, Ca. 95616
916-752-1636/0776

Internet:  ehkinmonth at ucdavis.edu
           cck at deneb.ucdavis.edu
BITNET:    ehkinmonth at ucdavis
UUCP:      {ucbvax, lll-crg}!ucdavis!ehkinmonth
           {ucbvax, lll-crg}!ucdavis!deneb!cck