Info needed on 386 (Everex motherboards)

William E. Davidsen Jr davidsen at steinmetz.ge.com
Wed Aug 31 01:25:24 AEST 1988

	My impression from talking to Everex, AMI, Mylex and PC Designs
is that AMI rolls the motherboard, and that there is a 16 MHz version
with no 32 bit slots and 287 support only, and a 20MHz version which has
a slot and supports a 387. I believe that some vendors use the 20MHz
version at 16, to keep the price of the CPU and memory down.

	I have one of the early ones and like it, for what that's worth.
--
	bill davidsen		(wedu at ge-crd.arpa)