UUCP help, SCO 2.3 HDB dialin/out no good

Huver huver at amgraf.UUCP
Thu Aug 31 13:13:42 AEST 1989

In article <367 at bdgltd.UUCP>, ela at bdgltd.UUCP (Ed Ackerman) writes:
(about setting up bi-directional lines in SCO Xenix 2.3)

> I am trying to make a site BOTH dial in AND dial out.
> I have entries in /usr/lib/uucp/Device for the dialout line :
> ACU Any 1200-2400 - /usr/lib/uucp/dialHA12
      ^^^
> and I have enabled the line.

If the tty line is "Any", then what does it have anything to do with
"the line" that you enabled?  Do you really have a /dev/Any that's a tty
line and set up as a modem-controlled device file?

> I have BOTH the Nutshell handbooks. I still cannot get this to work.

As far as I know it'd never work.  Saying "use Any tty line" in the Devices
file is something I have yet to see in ANY uucp documentations or books.

Secondly, why should a 1200 baud dialer, dialHA12, be used to auto-baud
between 1200 and 2400?  Shouldn't an auto-baud 2400 dialer be used?

-huver   ...!uunet!amgraf!huver