Computone serial boards (was DigiComm)

Chip Salzenberg chip at ateng.com
Thu Aug 17 00:24:55 AEST 1989

According to root at nstar.UUCP (Larry Snyder):
>Computone boards seem very popular with Xenix users.

Not this Xenix user.

My company bundled (past tense) Computone Intelliport-6 boards with our
Xenix-based systems.  Our field return rate on Intelliport-6's has been
greater than 50%.  That's right:  More than half of them returned on their
shields.

We spent much more on Federal Express and UPS than we would have spent
buying a more expensive, but reliable, alternative.  Not to mention the lost
customer goodwill when their systems' serial I/O would just stop.

Avoid Computone.  We're changing over to Arnet, ourselves.
--
You may redistribute this article only to those who may freely do likewise.
Chip Salzenberg         |       <chip at ateng.com> or <uunet!ateng!chip>