how to force f or x protocol for uucico

Chris Lewis clewis at eci386.uucp
Sat Aug 26 03:52:44 AEST 1989

In article <3301 at netmbx.UUCP> blume at netmbx.UUCP (Heiko Blume) writes:
>so... the xenix uucico simply doesnt have the f protocol.
>i would like to know why sco removed it from the HDB sources.

I don't think "mainline" HDB ever had f protocol.  Ours doesn't (386ix /
1.0.6 HDB).  Too bad.  Too bad that HDB doesn't have loadable protocols (ala the
new Dialers files) too.  Blame AT&T not SCO.

"f" protocol is/was a PD add-on to BSD UUCP and was distributed *in* BSD
4.3 UUCP and its derivitives.  Never seen it anywhere else.
--
Chris Lewis, R.H. Lathwell & Associates: Elegant Communications Inc.
UUCP: {uunet!mnetor, utcsri!utzoo}!lsuc!eci386!clewis