UUCP help, SCO 2.3 HDB dialin/dialout no good

Ed Ackerman Programmer ela at bdgltd.UUCP
Fri Aug 18 05:26:10 AEST 1989

I am trying to make a site BOTH dial in AND dial out. If the modem line
is disabled then I can make calls. If the modem line is enabled I can ONLY
RECEIVE calls. I thought that I could make this work both ways.

I have entries in /usr/lib/uucp/Device for the dialout line :
ACU Any 1200-2400 - /usr/lib/uucp/dialHA12
and I have enabled the line. I have RTFM until I am starting to memorize it.
I have BOTH the Nutshell handbooks. I still cannot get this to work.

HELP!!!!