UUCP help, SCO 2.3 HDB dialin/dialout no good

Jonathan Bayer jbayer at ispi.UUCP
Mon Aug 28 22:37:54 AEST 1989

ela at bdgltd.UUCP (Ed Ackerman  Programmer) writes:

}I am trying to make a site BOTH dial in AND dial out. If the modem line
}is disabled then I can make calls. If the modem line is enabled I can ONLY
}RECEIVE calls. I thought that I could make this work both ways.

}I have entries in /usr/lib/uucp/Device for the dialout line :
}ACU Any 1200-2400 - /usr/lib/uucp/dialHA12
}and I have enabled the line. I have RTFM until I am starting to memorize it.
}I have BOTH the Nutshell handbooks. I still cannot get this to work.

Exactly what happens when the port is enabled and you try to dial out?
Also, how are you trying to dial out (with what program).  It is possible
that a communications program is not setting up the lock files properly.

JB
--
Jonathan Bayer		Intelligent Software Products, Inc.
(201) 245-5922		500 Oakwood Ave.