Problem with Xenix 2.2.1 with 2 Hard Disks

Kristoffer Eriksson ske at pkmab.se
Tue Aug 15 05:50:00 AEST 1989

In article <7748 at charlie.OZ> vortex at charlie.UUCP (Mark Gregson) writes:
>	The problem I am getting is that when Xenix boots and
>	I get the familiar "Xenix Boot:" message and I enter
>	"dos" to get it to boot from the second hard disk
>	which is formatted under dos, it tells me that it
>	cannot find a dos partition.

It only searches for a dos partition on the first hard disk. And even if it
did search the second disk, the dos boot block probably wouldn't boot from
that disk anyway.

>	The ideal situation that I would like would be for
>	xenix to be on the main hard disk and for the second
>	hard disk to be totally dos.

I've done this on Xenix386 2.3.1, by patching the "/dos" program on the Xenix
disk. It's very convenient. If my Xenix disk ever quits working, I can simply
remove it and still have unhindered access to the dos disk.
--
Kristoffer Eriksson, Peridot Konsult AB, Hagagatan 6, S-703 40 Oerebro, Sweden
Phone: +46 19-13 03 60  !  e-mail: ske at pkmab.se
Fax:   +46 19-11 51 03  !  or ...!{uunet,mcvax}!sunic.sunet.se!kullmar!pkmab!ske