Panics and double panics.

Bill Campbell campbell at Thalatta.COM
Sat Dec 30 11:24:51 AEST 1989

In article <33 at tygra.UUCP> jpp at tygra.UUCP (John Palmer) writes:
>Yes - I am trying to get a Colorado Memory Systems 40 meg tape drive
>to work with my system (386 AT, SCO Xenix 2.3.2) and cannot get the
>system to recognize it. I've tried every option available with the
>mkdev tape command and still nothing. The tape drive isn't connected through
>the floppy controller - it has its own controller board.

The Colorado memory systems drive requires you to use 'mkdev jtape'.
You will be asked to specify whether you want to add or delete the drivers.

Note that you still need to link and install the kernel since the installation
routine only sets up the appropriate ld parameters in /usr/sys/conf/link_xenix.

RTFM

--
....microsoft--\					Bill Campbell; Celestial Software
...uw-beaver-----!thebes!camco!bill	6641 East Mercer Way