Tape back on SCO - suggestions??

William E. Davidsen Jr davidsen at crdgw1.crd.ge.com
Tue Jul 4 05:41:29 AEST 1989

In article <95 at mdi386.UUCP> bruce at mdi386.UUCP (Bruce A. McIntyre) writes:

| We have found the Archive drive runs very well on Compac, Mylex, IBM PS/2
| and others.  I found that I could NOT run the DOS version at over 8mhz using
| the SYTOS drivers, but when booted up at 16mhz or 20mhz with 10mhz bus speed,
| there is no trouble.  We use the fix-disk drivers for the new short controller
| board under SCO 2.3.2 and 2.3.3, and the old drivers (standard SCO) for
| the older LONG board.  I use interrupt 5 since I don't have a mouse attached.

  Yes to all of the above. The MS-DOS software uses timing loops to
determine when the drive doesn't come ready (I have three versions,
there may be others) and times out on a fast machine.

  The Archive seems to run perfectly in a 8MHz bus, I have seen one out
of one run 12 MHz, but I strongly discourage running anything but memory
over 8MHz unless you're willing to choose add-in boards from a subset of
available units.
--
	- bill davidsen (davidsen at crdgw1.uucp)
	GE Corp. R&D Center; Box 8, KW-C206; Schenectady NY 12345