Xenix Compatibility

Roger Lee raj at darkside.com
Sun Aug 19 18:10:28 AEST 1990

campbell at Thalatta.COM (Bill Campbell) writes:
> :
> :So the question is ... has anyone used, or is anyone using, this or
> :another DFI box?  Any problems running SCO Xenix 286??
> :
> :I review this group frequently so please post your replies here.  The
> :information may help someone else.
> :
> :Thanks!
> :--
> :Ed Tankus.   {uunet,yale}!hsi!tankus -- OR -- tankus at hsi.com
> :Snail:       3M Health Information Systems
> :             100 Barnes Road, Wallingford, CT 06492
> :Bell :       (203) 949-6358

Just to let you know re: the Paradise 16 bit VGA and 286 Xenix: I tried to
run SCO Xenix 286 with my multisync monitor, but all it gave me were
garbage chaircters, and it was impossible to load. The version I'm running
is 2.2.3, and works fine in mono (which is fine for the time being...)
Thus, you might want to steer clear of the Paradise if you're gunna run
this version. Rumor has it that they've fixed the bug in later verisons
but don't quote me on that.....