Backing Up My Xenix Distribution Disks

Mark J. DeFilippis mark at promark.UUCP
Thu May 3 10:42:01 AEST 1990

In article <2479 at crash.cts.com>, jburnes at crash.cts.com (Jim Burnes) writes:
> I just got Xenix386 and would like to know the easiest way to backup my
> distribution diskettes.  I dont want to go through makeing a file system
> and then do recursive directory copies, if that what it entails.

This brings up a point.  Why bother backing them up?

This is one of the major differences between PCDOS software and the Unix/Xenix
world.  You are licensed the software in such a way so that if a diskette
went bad, or you had a fire, or the dog ate them.   you call SCO, and for
a small media charge they send you a new set of disks.

In any case, if you do want to copy them look at dd(C)...

--
Mark J. DeFilippis
Manager Unix systems complex, Academic Computing Center