Corrupted Filesystem * IDEAS *

Peter Renzland peter at ontmoh.UUCP
Tue May 8 16:09:11 AEST 1990

John C. Archambeau writes:
[...]
> If your root file system has the the bad superblock and reading the backup
> superblock(s) just doesn't help.  I am sorry to say that your root file system
> is gone.
[...]

Fortunately for those with the small misfortune of having lost a superblock,
and for those who earn a living doing data rescue, things aren't quite as bad
as all that.  Superblocks contain very little that's necessary, and nothing
that can't be reconstructed from an otherwise intact file system.  Don't give
up hope, and don't believe all the gloomy things you read on the net.

--
Peter Renzland @ Ontario Ministry of Health  416/964-9141  peter at ontmoh.UUCP
		 Director, UniForum Canada,  Co-ordinator, GOMIG BBS