Documentation for Unix (bsd)

HEDRICK at RUTGERS.ARPA HEDRICK at RUTGERS.ARPA
Thu Feb 2 04:27:10 AEST 1984

From:  Charles Hedrick <HEDRICK at RUTGERS.ARPA>

Next fall, we will start using a Unix system (a Pyramid, running 4.2bsd)
for computer science coursework.  Most programming will probably be done
in C.  Can anyone recommend materials on Unix, and on C system
programming for Unix (i.e. the system calls, libraries, etc.), suitable
for upper-level undergraduates and graduate students?  We would like to
avoid having to print 500 copies of the full Unix documentation.  If
this is really the only suitable reference material, does anyone at least
know of a source from which we can buy printed copies at reasonable
cost?
-------