Bringing up Ingres on SUN

Charles Hedrick hedrick at topaz.RUTGERS.EDU
Thu Apr 24 18:44:53 AEST 1986

I have ported 4.2 Ingres to the Pyramid 90X.  This involved solving most
of the portability problems, including byte order, 4 and 8 byte reals
being different format, blocks of memory havinag to be on word
boundaries,  etc.  If you want to port it to the Sun, etc., our diffs
would be a good place to start.  I have now prepared diffs, and would
be happy to mail them to anyone who wants them.  If there is enough
demand, I will simply post them.