Seeking console screen blanker for 3200s and 2000s

Chris Siebenmann cks at white.toronto.edu
Fri Mar 31 13:17:44 AEST 1989

 Has anyone written a screenblanker that runs without a windowing
system active? Since X11R2 can blank the screen, it's obviously
possible, but I haven't been able to find any.

 It would be sufficient that the screen was blanked only when nobody
was logged on (when people are logged on, they're generally running
X11 which already can blank screens), although it would be nicer if
the screenblanker could work all the time.

 Thanks in advance; I will post a summary if interest warrants.

--
	"I shall clasp my hands together and bow to the corners of the world."
			Number Ten Ox, "Bridge of Birds"