Redirecting console messages to an X11R2 window

Chris Siebenmann cks at white.toronto.edu
Fri Mar 31 13:17:53 AEST 1989

 Has anyone written a program that will redirect messages that would
normally be printed on a Vaxstation (3200 and 2000) console and put
them in a window? At the moment, such messages are written on top of
people's X11 sessions, which is a. irritating to them and b. sometimes
causes portions of the messages to get zapped by refreshes before
people can read them.

 I'm aware there's something for DecWindows, but we're running X11R2
(and soon X11R3) here instead, and can't convert.

 Thanks in advance; will post a summary if interest warrants.

--
	"I shall clasp my hands together and bow to the corners of the world."
			Number Ten Ox, "Bridge of Birds"